We are so blessed here on the Nebraska prairie to be able to see some of the most miraculous sunsets on earth. At least, that's the way I see it. Last night Justin, Noah and I sat out on the back deck and watched as the sun made it's quick descent behind the Monument and were all just amazed (again) at the magnificent colors that we knew would only last a few more minutes. Bold purples, pinks and oranges were on the palette last night, and I must say, those particular colors are my favorite combination as far as sunsets are concerned. I love the way God reminds me at the end of most days how much I have to be thankful for. Even Noah couldn't help but be mesmerized by the grand finale last night. He was trying to play, but kept looking at the sun as it dropped, and kept commenting on the color of the sky. I love those times with him, because it gives me a chance to get him to use some of his "big" words! He's actually the one that came up with "magnificent" when I asked him what big word he could think of to call that sky! I know, some people think I'm nuts teaching him those words. But being a word lover myself, I just can't help it. I try to teach him lots of big words, and what they mean because he's just a little sponge. He uses them in the correct context and at appropriate times and I hope that one day he will love words the way I do. Hey, a girl can wish right?!
I missed the sunset tonight. Not on purpose mind you, but right about sunset time I realized I hadn't seen Frizzle Fry the (very) pregnant cat since I got home from work. And a brief panic set in as something told me I better get busy looking for her. Justin, Noah and I went downstairs calling her name and found her and five furry, adorable babies just a minute later. We laid on the floor admiring her new little family when we realized that something wasn't quite right. Turns out all five of those cuties were still attached to one placenta. They were all dry, and moving, and seemed content, but they were kind of ummm well, in a tangled ball. I panicked and called the vet who told me that I had to clamp their little cords and cut them all away from the placenta and they would be fine. So, I gathered a few tools (scissors and string) and set off to save the day! Haha yes NOW I feel pretty important, but at the time I was scared to death thinking I'd do something wrong. I was able to remove all of the babies from their balled up mess and boy were they happy to be able to move about freely! Their momma looked a little skeptical when I showed up down there with scissors too, but she got over it when they crawled right to her to eat. I'm still wondering how the HECK she got them all out like that. I'm kind of glad I didn't see that part. But they are all healthy, bellies full, and were sleeping soundly next to their purring momma just a little bit ago. WHEW! Big thank you to Dr. Evard for calmly giving me instructions and making me feel like it was going to be a piece of cake!
See? I really am a superhero sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment